Sunday, April 6, 2008

Suvivor St. Louis Style

We made it past our first week! Yipee!

I have to admit, it was much easier than I thought it would be. Nolan's babysitter and her 3 children LOVE Nolan. The kids run up to him when we get there in the morning and say, "Hi Nolan!" and "Yay! Nolan's here!" They even ask every night if Nolan is coming back the next day. They are a wonderful family, full of love and patience, and if Nolan can't be with Ted or me, I am glad he can be with them.

As for me, school has actually been enjoyable. I think it is the prospect of only 38 days left in the school year. I teach 6th grade, and they graduate from Wilson this year. Being the kings of the school comes with some great priveledges. All of which make April and May FLY by. The kids were so excited to have me back and they ask about Nolan all day long. My friends and coworkers have been great. Pumping is another story, but I am glad I am doing it.

I will be just fine for the next 8 weeks. Nolan is probably having more fun where he is than at being at home with me. I am just very grateful that I am able to stay home after this school year. I don't think I would be feeling the same if there wasn't the end in sight. I am sure I will miss my job, friends, and the autonomy that comes with it all. I didn't become a mother to meet my needs. But I will never complain about the benefits.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Yay! You must be so happy you found a good place to leave Nolan for the day. I'm glad it's going well for you.