Thursday, February 21, 2008

Book Tag

I've been tagged! Here's the game:

1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages).
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the fifth sentence on your blog.
5. Tag 5 people.

The book I am currently reading is "Tales from the Teacher's Lounge" by Robert Wilder. I have always been a big reader, always in the middle of a book with a stack by my bed to dive into when the current book is comleted. Since Nolan was born, I have read 1.5 books. The first book was "Daddy Needs a Drink," also by Robert Wilder. My good friend Melika lent it to me after Nolan was born. It is a hilarious, but sometimes crude, book about Wilder's experiences as a father with his 2 children. I would be up Nursing Nolan for the hour that it took in the beginning each time, and I would seriously laugh out loud. Very funny. He could clean up his language, though, but still a funny book. Melika is a teacher at the school I teach at, and she said he had written another, similar book, but this time about teaching. I haven't laughed as much, but I am still enjoying the book. Possibly because the book is written in short chapters, with each chapter being a separate story. Very new-mom friendly!

OK-for the tag. Page 123, 5th comlete sentence: "It wasn't my students' faults they had summer homes in Maine, housekeepers and cooks, and a fleet of SUVs."

I have to admit that I only know 2 people who blog, aside from Melissa, who tagged me, and Colleen, who tagged her. So...Whitney, you are tagged. And Ted, well, he is anti-blogging but, ha ha ha, he had to start one for school! (STL Working Dad) So you are tagged as well!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks for playing! You need to get some better books on your bookshelf again :)