Monday, February 2, 2009

Basement Furniture

I have a big weakness in my marriage. Compromise. I have an idea of how everything should go in our home (or, let's face it, in all situations), how the furniture should look, what decorations we should use, the colors everthing should be, etc. You know how it is. Ted has just as many ideas and opinions as I do. That complicates everything. So we have gotten a lot of practice with compromise during this basement project. We are both stubborn, but I finally feel like everything is coming together to please both of us. We had the new furniture set up a different way, and I was ready to send it all back to the store. With gentle persuasion Ted moved everything around, and now I feel really happy with it. What do you think?
The other side of the room is open for all of Nolan's toys.
We love it!

6 comments:

Lara said...

That is a beautiful couch! And I love the color of the entertainment center. The layout looks good- there is a tv area, and a play area. Very nice!

Dominoe said...

What fun new furniture! And I love how you laid it out - mom and dad's space - Nolan's space! Perfect!

Colleen said...

Love the leather sectional. We're hoping to get our basement furnished this year, so I need ideas!

Melissa said...

I have just found where i am going to campout with a good book and blanket while we're there. You don't mind watching my kids, do you? ;)

Looks great. Let's decorate!

The Robinson's said...

Holy Dairy Cow (as Bennett says). That looks so nice down there! I'm glad you guys love your space.

Sara said...

It looks great!!! I really like the colors :)